Monday, November 14, 2022

A Look In Her Eyes - Creative Embellishments

 

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments Blog today sharing my latest project, a vintage layout.  Fall is my favorite time of the year.  Love the colors of the leaves and chrysanthemums, thus the inspiration for my layout. 


I've seen several layouts on Facebook and Instagram featuring papers by 3 Quarter Designs, a company from New Zealand.  Their papers are gorgeous and I was lucky enough to find some collections online from a US based store.  Here I've used their Dystopian Dahlia collection. Love the colors and details on the paper.  I used several steampunk chipboard pieces from the store.  All chipboard pieces were treated with various colors of paint by DecoArt -  Bittersweet Chocolate, Folk Art - Brushed Copper, Linen, Thicket and Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Paint.


At the base of the layout I used a large piece from Distressed Clocks, painted with bittersweet chocolate paint and dabbed with linen, frayed burlap and brushed copper paint. A piece from Gears 1 is tucked within the layering along with a piece from Flourish 15.  I painted the flourish with some thicket paint, dabbed on some bittersweet chocolate paint and cut the flourish into several pieces.


The photo rests on top of 2 pieces from the Large Gear Set. I placed a piece from Flourish 15 along with a gear from Mini Gears to the left of the large gears.


Love the new Leafy Cluster!  I painted it with bittersweet chocolate paint and dabbed on some brushed copper paint.  The clock rests on top of a piece from Gears 1.  Beneath the Leafy Cluster, is a piece from 8x8 Chicken Wire Panel.


Here's another view from the right side of the layout showing the Leafy Cluster.




Thanks for stopping by!

. . . Debbie


Creative Embellishments Products:

Distressed Clocks





No comments: