Monday, November 28, 2022

A Record of the Past - Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today sharing a vintage 9x9 layout. 


I'm quite the fan of Stamperia, and have used bits and pieces from 3 collections; Lady Vagabond, Old Lace and Journal, along with stitched frames from 49 and Market Natural Stitched Frames and a Tim Holtz Paper Doll.  Love the natural tones.  I used lots of chipboard from the store.  All of the chipboard was painted with various shades of browns and beiges and I love the finished result.  Lately I've been using paints to treat the chipboard pieces and love to coated the pieces with one coat of paint and then using a foam stippler to apply various colors.  


Here I used a piece from Filigree Set 3.  The base coat of paint is Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Paint.  I stippled some coffee bean and linen paint.  I cut the chipboard piece in half and placed the pieces at the top and bottom of the larger window from Arched Windows - Set of 2.  The base coat of paint on the window is Mississippi Mud and using the stippler I added some Bittersweet Chocolate and Frayed Burlap paint.


Here's a view of the other piece from Filigree Set 3.


Beneath all of the layering I used a frame from Small Filigree Frames.  To the right of the window I used pieces from Mini Clock SetSkeleton Sunflowers and Mini Leaves Set 5.  The clock and sunflower pieces were painted with Frayed Burlap paint and stippled with bittersweet chocolate paint.


Here I've used my favorite flourish, Flourish 10, painted with a couple shades of brown and stippled with linen paint.


Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

Creative Embellishments Products:







No comments: