Monday, November 7, 2022

Antiques - Creative Embellishments

 

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments Blog today sharing a canvas, inspired by days from the past. 


I had recently purchased a 6x6 pad, Vintage Treasures by Studio Light and used several images along with some pieces from a Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Emphemera Pack and Alpha Tiles Pack.   Lots of layering and of course some fabulous chipboard from the store.  I applied some Time Holtz Typography Collage Paper to the canvas along with some black and terra cotta paint by Deco Art along with some Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Paint.  The canvas is framed in a frame I purchased at the dollar store.  I covered it with back gesso and dabbed on some Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Paint.



At the base of the canvas I used a piece from Rectangle Stamp Frames, painted black and dabbed with frayed burlap paint.  Resting on top of the frame is the Simple Screened Door, painted with frayed burlap paint and dabbed with black paint.  Resting on top of the door is a piece from Key Plates, painted with terra cotta paint and dabbed with frayed burlap and black paint.



The Alphabet Panel was painted with terra cotta paint and dabbed with frayed burlap paint.  Once the paint dried, I used the Distressed Text Stamp.  I cut the panel into several pieces and placed them on the canvas. To the right of the Key Plates I used a piece from Floral Coins, painted with terra cotta paint and dabbed with black paint.  



Tucked in the layering are pieces from Distressed Checkered Pieces, painted with frayed burlap paint and dabbed with black paint along with a watch from Mini Pocket Watches. The watch was painted with several colors, frayed burlap, terra cotta and black paint.



To finish off my project I dabbed on some Prima Finnabair Bronze Age Wax and added some flowers and metal trinkets from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

. . . Debbie


Creative Embellishments Products:

Rectangle Stamp Frames







No comments: