Friday, May 22, 2020

Grow-Love Canvas - Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with a mixed media canvas.  There's a story behind this canvas.  I was going through a box full of bits and pieces of various embellishments and came across some ephemera from Prima's Zella Teal collection along with a wire word "love" by Jillibean Soup. The light bulb in my head turned on and off I went creating!


I started off by applying some Shimmerz Spritz Sea Foam to the canvas.  I added stamping using several stamps.  I then used Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Silver Spoon Paint to create splatters on the background.  From there I built up layers.


I used several pieces from the Nested Rectangles chipboard.  I embossed the pieces with a mixture of Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo  embossing powder and Stampendous Aged
Teal Embossing Enamel.  I randomly dabbed some Finnabair Metallique Wax  using Old Silver and Vintage Gold.


Beneath the Nested Rectangles I used a piece from Mini Leaves Set 2.  I stamped the chipboard using Tsuineko Versa Magic Turquoise Gem ink.  I then randomly embossed it with the Vintage Photo embossing powder and dabbed on some Old Silver Wax.


On the bottom left of the canvas I used a large feather from the Feathers set.  I used the same techniques as the Nested Rectangles.  I added some Mini Prills, Express-O Yourself and Silver Lining by US Artquest, along with some turquoise glitter.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie



Chipboard Used:


No comments: