Monday, May 11, 2020

Enjoy The Little Things In Life - Creative Embellishments


Hi everyone! Hope all of you are staying safe.  Things in Maryland have begun ever so slowly to open.  Most outdoors places, such as beaches, parks and golf courses are open.   All stores with the exception of essential places are still closed.  I'm beginning my eighth  week of working from home.  Love to spend my evenings crafting, as it takes me away from the everyday stress we all are facing.  Today I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog with a canvas.

I started off with a 5 x 7 natural canvas.  I added some stamping using the Altnew Beautiful Day stamp set and Hint of Pesto and Pumpkin Spice Versa Magic Inks by Tsukineko.  I used an older paper collection by Kaisercraft, Rustic Harmony, along with flowers from my stash, and some 49 and Market die cuts.


I used a piece from  Ornate Gate 2.  I first applied a coat of Finnabair Burlap Impasto paint.  I dabbed it in places to achieve some texture. Next I embossed it with Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo Embossing Powder. From there I used a couple Lindy Stamp Gangs Mists, Fuzzy Navel and My Mojito Green along with some Prima Firebird Wax and some pearlescent  paints.  To the left of the gate I used pieces from Mini Leaves Set 1.  I dabbed the chipboard with Hint of Pesto ink and then sprayed it with Lindy's Ponderosa Pine Olive spray.


Here you can see another  piece from Mini Leaves Set 1.  I also used Flourish 32 and Mini Leaves Set 6.  I played around with mists, mini art stones,  paints and waxes to achieve the colors.



Love the Ivy Sprigs.  I used several colors of Lindy's spray along with some Prima Bronze Wax.  At the bottom of the canvas I used a piece from Moroccan Lattice Panel.  Final touches include some Prima Art Stones and Pollen Micro Beads along with some glitter.

Thanks for stopping by!


Creative Embellishments Chipboard Used:







No comments: