Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Kindness - Creative Embellishments January Challenge


Hi everyone and  Happy New Year!  I'm excited to continue designing for Creative Embellishments this year.  It's the first of the month and that means a new challenge is up on the Creative Embellishments Blog.


  I love the mood board for the January Challenge.  I found it very magical and was inspired to create this wintry canvas.  I used papers from Stamperia's Blue Stars paper collection along with a 8 x 8 canvas.  Lots of layering, stamping, flowers and Creative Embellishments Chipboard.  I started off by covering the canvas with paper, book pages and cheesecloth.  Next I added some stamping and inked the edges of the canvas.  From there I built up layers and added chipboard and flowers.

Here is the January Mood Board.  The twist this challenge it to add texture.


Here are a few closeups:

I used a piece from the Falling Snow Set  on the center of the canvas.  I painted it white and added some blue sparkling embossing powder and then lighting dabbed it with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  To the right I used a piece from the Large Snowflake Set.

At the bottom I placed another piece from the Large Snowflake Set, and beneath the flowers pieces from Leaves Set 1.

Beneath all of the layering I used the Circle Stitched Frame, which I dabbed with Tea Dye Distress Ink and them dabbed with white paint.  Tucked within the layering are pieces from the Poinsettia Set.

I hope you join us this month.  For more inspiration from the design team please visit the
Creative Embellishments Blog.

Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by!
. . .  Debbie



Creative Embellishments Chipboard Used:

Circle Stitched Frame


Leaves Set 1


Large Snowflake Set


Falling Snow Set


Poinsettia Set. 



No comments: