Thursday, February 21, 2019

Friends - Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone!
Today I have a vintage canvas I created using Prima Marketing's' Pretty Pale
collection and some Creative Embellishments chipboard.


I wanted to added a lot of texture to the background of the canvas.  I started off with applying some coral paste with a stencil on the background of the canvas.  Once the paste dried, I realized that I forgotten to take off the plastic wrapping.  Big oops moment.  So, off came the plastic and then I applied more paste.  I then added layers of Prima Finnabair Impasto Paints in Burlap, then Linen, and some coral paint from my stash.  Next step was to rub some Prima Metallique Wax, White Gold in various places on the canvas.


Beneath all of the layering and picture I placed a Flourish Corner 6, which I covered with Burlap and Linen Impasto paints.  After the paint dried I applied some of the White Gold Wax.


Here is another close up of the Flourish Corner 6.


I placed the smaller frame from the Fancy Oval Frame Set over the photo.  The frame was painted with Burlap Impasto Paint and then rubbed with White Gold Wax.


I added another Flourish Corner 6 chipboard piece, which I cut into 3 pieces on each side of the photo.  Two pieces on the right and one on the left.   For the finishing touches I added some flowers, lace, mini art stones and micro beads.

Creative Embellishment Chipboard used:
Fancy Oval Frame Set

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

1 comment:

Lisa Landry said...

This is just gorgeous! Perfect for the wonderful vintage photo!