Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Better Together - Creative Embellishments

 Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments Blog today sharing my first post for March.  With warmer temps arriving, I've noticed signs of Spring emerging outside.  Little green buds appearing on my plants, inspired me to create this layout.


I used papers, die cuts and chipboard shapes from the Simple Stories Simple Weathered Garden collection along with some 49 and Market rub on transfers and several chipboard pieces from the store.  All chipboard was treated with paint.


The center of the layout features the Stitched Heart Frame, painted with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Paint and stippled with DecoArt Americana Paint. I used a Tim Holtz Paper Doll.  Wild Foliage 2 was painted with the same colors as the frame.  Tucked within my layers I used Mini Leaves 6 pained with Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress Paint and stippled with DecoArt Americana Light Avocado paint, along with Fern Foliage 3 painted with Tim Holtz Bundled Sage Distress Paint and stippled with the Forest Moss Paint.


Flourish Corner 2 was painted with DecoArt Americana Light Avocado and Aloe Paint and stippled with Folk Art Matte Linen Paint. Beneath the butterfly I used a piece from Daisy Set 3 painted with DecoArt Americana Warm White Paint and stippled with Frayed Burlap Paint.


Another view of the various foliage pieces.


Another view of  Flourish Corner 2 and Daisy Set 3.  To finish off the layout I added lots of rub on transfers from 49 and Market.


Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie


Creative Embellishments Products:

Stitched Heart Frame





No comments: