Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Few Words Passed Between Them - Creative Embellishments

 Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments Blog today sharing my latest project. Do you ever hit a roadblock when creating?  I knew I wanted to create a project using pieces from Chess Set and Shutters, but wasn't sure how it would come together.  It wasn't until I found the Phileas Fogg paper from Ciao Bella's Voyages Extraordinaries collection that the light bulb in my head turned on.  I enjoyed the creative process and used quite a few pieces of chipboard from the store.

Lots of layering using chipboard from the store along with papers from Mintay's Home for Christmas and Old Manor collections along with The Phileas Fogg paper from Ciao Bella's Voyages Extraordinaries.   The base of my project are pieces from Shutters.  I covered the shutters with Prima's Brown Rust paint.  Next I applied some Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain and some Prima Rich Copper Wax.
 

The open pieces from Square Pieces were embossed with Ranger Brick Embossing Powder.  The squares and pieces from Chess Set were embossed with Blue Fern Studios Black and Ivory Embossing Powders along with some Prima Bronze Age Wax. 



I added a couple of windows, one from Arched Windows Set of 3 and one from Windows Set of 4.  Both pieces were embossed with Rangers Potting Soil and Turquoise Embossing Powders.  Flourish Set 27  was embossed with a mixture of Blue Fern Studios Forest and Chili Embossing Powders.  I cut both flourishes into several  pieces and placed them around my project.



Pieces from Mini Leaves Set 1 were embossed with a mixture of Rangers Potting Soil and Turquoise Embossing Powers.  I added some stickers from Tim Holtz Clippings along with some Paper Dolls and some trinkets from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

Creative Embellishments Chipboard

Arched Windows Set of 3







No comments: