Monday, August 24, 2020

Put yourself in the way of Beauty - Creative Embellishments

 Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with a canvas inspired by the beauty of the outdoors. I've been busy outdoors keeping up with the weeds in my flower gardens.  We've had a lot of rain the past couple of months.  My plants are flourishing and so are the weeds.   One of my gardens has Black Eyed Susans and Daisies blooming my inspiration for my canvas.

  

I started off with a blank canvas.  I applied some stamping on the canvas using a daisy stamp. I colored the flowers and leaves with Lindys Magicals, Pineapple Paradise, Glory of the Seas Gold and Sea Mint Green.  I stamped some random black dots and then added some random dots using Lindys Magical Glory of the Seas Gold.   Lots of layering with some Creative Embellishments Chipboard, flowers and Tim Holtz Idea Ology die cuts.  The picture is from Finnabair Words You Need sticker book.


At the top of the canvas I used a piece from Flourish Page Corner.  I embossed it with a mixture of Green Ivory and  Buttercup embossing powders by Blue Fern Studios.  I lightly dabbed the chipboard with Finnabair Victorian Green Impasto Paint.  I cut the chipboard into 3 pieces and placed two of them above the butterfly.  


 

At the base of the canvas I used Flourish 7,  finished the same as the Flourish Page Corner.  Beneath the photo sticker I used the third piece cut from the Flourish Page Corner.  To the right of the canvas you can see pieces from Distressed Grid Pieces.  I embossed the pieces with a mixture of Ebony and Buttercup embossing powder by Blue Fern Studios.  Additional pieces of the Distressed Grid Pieces were placed on the canvas.  Finishing touches include some flowers, lace, Spanish Moss and art pebbles.

Thanks for stopping by!


Creative Embellishments Chipboard:


Flourish 7


Flourish Page Corner


Distressed Grid Pieces

No comments: