Monday, August 26, 2019

Find Yourself - Creative Embellishments


Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today sharing a vintage over sized tag.  I've got Fall on  my mind.  I'm ready for some cooler days and I love Fall colors,  especially the changing leaves on the trees.  From that thought, I drew my inspiration when creating my color scheme for the tag.


I covered a large tag with  a piece of distressed paper.  I inked the edges and them added some random stamping used the Distressed Crackle Stamp.  From there I built up layers using bits and pieces of patterned papers along with some 49 and Market Laser Cut Shapes Frame Set No. 2.


I treated all of the chipboard with  textured paper paste.  Some areas of the chipboard I applied the paste lightly and some places I dabbed on more to give it an antique look.  I then applied some Prima  Finnabair Art Alchemy copper and firebird waxes.  I used  Scroll Set 4 on the bottom, which is at the right of the picture, and Door knobs and Keys at the center.  Underneath the doorknob and key I used a piece from the Flourish Circle Frame. I ended up cutting the Flourish Circle Frame into 4 pieces. I treated it the same as the other chipboard pieces and then applied some Prima Finnabair Rust Extravagance rust texture paste and Firebird wax.  


Here is a view of the top of the Door knobs.


On the left side of the tag I used another piece from the Flourish Circle Frame.  Lots of layering,  49 and Market flowers, Prima Art Stones and micro beads!


And yet another piece from the Flourish Circle Frame.  One piece at the bottom of the tag and the other piece at the top.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

Creative Embellishments Products Used:








No comments: