Saturday, March 2, 2019

And Let It Fly Away - Creative Embellishments March Challenge

Hi everyone!  Sharing my design team project for Creative Embellishments March Challenge. I did some serious thinking when I first saw the mood board for the March Challenge.  So many elements from the picture to choose from.  I ultimately went with the mushrooms and created a forest themed canvas.  


I used some Stamperia papers from their Wonderland collection.  I love the fairy and butterfly.  I built up textures on the canvas by adding some modeling paste with a stencil.  Next lots of layers of paint and waxes.



At the top of the canvas I used Flourish Set 18, which reminded me of wings.  I added a coat of blue and linen paints and dabbed some white gold wax. 


To the left, I placed 3 mushrooms from the Mushroom Set 1.  I dabbed them with white gold wax and brown rust effect paste. 


 I covered the foliage from the Flourish Set 27 with some green ink and emerald wax and dabbed some white gold wax and added pieces to both side of the canvas.

Here is the challenge image:
No automatic alt text available.

The challenge is to be inspired by 1 element from the photo and by this quote:  "Every great adventure requires a first step".

I hope you'll join us this month.  You can view the challenge rules and the design team's projects here.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

No comments: