Sunday, January 24, 2010

Icicles

I came across this beautiful picture from a few winters ago.  I can't take credit for the picture,  but I can give the credit to my talented daughter Sara.  She has eye for taking photos at different angles.  I used the Friday sketch over at Practical Scrappers.  You can check it out here. This layout did not photograph very well.  Today has been one of those cloudy, rainy days.



All of the beautiful paper I used is Bo Bunny,A Gift of Love.  They are glittered and absolutely stunning.  The chipboard tree and snowflakes are Little Yellow Bicycle 25 Days of Christmas.  I added some baby blue and lavendar stickles to them. The center of the snowflakes have glittery brads, also by Bo Bunny.  I did a lot of inking using Tsukineko Dew Drops Chalk Ink in Purple Hydrangea.  I printed my title on vellum using a Christmas Card font.  Haven't used vellum in a while. I found the lace trim at a local fabric store.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your layout is gorgeous! I love your take on it! Love the paper, the lace, and that photo is beautiful!
Thanks for playing in the weekend sketch!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job on this one, Debbie. Pic is just wonderful .. the whole layout is nice and frosty looking!

Barb Craft said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the embellishments you used... they really work well with that fabulous picture! Nice LO!
Barb

Denise said...

This is soo very pretty Debbie..I love that color of blue. Love the lace and what you did with the title. Everything is FAB!!

Amanda said...

This layout is stunningly beautiful.. You have truly captured the beauty of winter.. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers...

Amanda :0)

Sandy said...

In a word...gorgeous!!!!! I love the papers and embellishments you've used on this one Debbie...what a beautiful creation!

Sandy said...

Hi Debbie...me again....I was wondering if you could email me @ sandra_windsor@yahoo.com
I have something I'd like to ask you....thanx sandy

Nadya 's World!!! said...

Beautiful layout. I love the papers you used, the colors and everything else!!! :) Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers!!! :)
Nadya