Monday, June 27, 2022

Perfect Moment - Creative Embellishments

 Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with a vintage layout.  I was looking through a box of old photos and came across one of my maternal grandmother and her family.  My grandmother is on the far right in the photo.  I love creating vintage layouts, and more so when I can incorporate a treasured family photo.


Papers are from Craft O'Clock Blooming Retreat collection.  I used several Creative Embellishments products, including 2 stamps and several chipboard pieces.  Lots of layering and some Prima flowers from my stash.  Before building my layers, I stamped the background with a stamp from the Damask Trio Stamps and the Distressed Script Stamp. I used Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Ink.


        I used Flourish 15 and Flourish Set 15, placing pieces on both sides of the photo and one below the photo.  I covered the flourishes with some Colorbox Khaki Green ink.  Once the ink dried, I dabbed on some Folk Art Shale Green Terra Cotta Paint.  The photo rests atop a piece from Flourish 9, coated with Tim Holtz Ground Expresso Ink, and dabbed with Folk Art Mesa Pink Terra Cotta Paint. 


Beneath the flourishes I used a piece from Window Shutters.  I used the same technique on the shutter as I did on the Flourish 9.


There are lots of new butterflies in the store.  Here I used Flourish Butterflies 8, painted with Folk Art Mesa Pink Terra Cotta Paint.



Love the title Perfect Moment Title!


Thanks for stopping by!

. . . Debbie


Creative Embellishments Products:

Window Shutters


Flourish 9








No comments: