Friday, May 14, 2021

Family Photo - Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today.    Lately I've been into creating layouts.  I found a lot of old family photos that fit with my vintage shabby chic style.  The most recent photo is family members of my maternal grandfather.

I have several paper collections from Craft O'Clock.  Love the vintage vibe to their design.  For my layout I used papers from their Faded Memories collection.  I left the background paper untreated, as I love the colors and design.  At the base of my layout is a new chipboard piece, Intricate Doily.  I embossed it with a mixture of Donna Salazar's Mixed Media Inx Truffle and Blue Fern Studios Sage Embossing Powders and added some Prima Green Brocade and Rich Copper Wax. Next I added layers with papers and chipboard.



Here's a close up of the Intricate Doily.  Love all the detail!



Beneath the photo I used Flourish 5 and beneath it a piece from Mini Pocket Watches.
Both pieces were embossed with the truffle embossing powder.  I added a little copper embossing powder to the pocket watch.



Beneath the layers I used Scroll Corner 2.  Embossed the same as Flourish 5.



Under the photo I placed Scroll Border, embossed with a mixture of truffle and sage embossing powders.  To complete my layout I added some trinkets, flowers, butterflies.


I hope I've inspired you.
Thanks for stopping by!


Creative Embellishments Products:

Intricate Doily






No comments: