Sunday, October 21, 2018

Through The Branches

Hi everyone!
It's a cold and blustery day here in Maryland.  Today I have a canvas to share that I created
for a couple of October challenges.


I started off with a blank canvas that I wanted to mimic tree bark.   I added some Prima Brown Rust Effect Paste.  After it dried I added some fiber modeling paste to build up texture.  I applied various brown mists and inks until I got the right coloring and shading. 

I was inspired to create this canvas with 2 October Challenges:

I love the color palette, and my muse is the ever changing Mother Nature.   I enjoy all of the seasons, but Autumn in my favorite.  From the leaves changing color, to dropping to the ground exposing the beauty in the structures of the bare trees and plants.

And at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo, Leaves. 
I added lots of different leaves with various forms of texture.

A few close ups:


In  the above and below photos I used used dried seeds remnants from my Black Eyed Susan and Aster plants.  







Thanks for stopping by!
 . . . Debbie



2 comments:

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

absolutely gorgeous :) thanks for joining the art playground blog's october play xx
Preety

Tee said...

Wow awesome layers of texture on this-Gorgeous!