Thursday, September 8, 2016

The End Of a Perfect Day, featuring Seaside Cottage by Blue Fern Studios

Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing with you the layout I created for Blue Fern Studios' September Mood Board Challenge.  Absolutely love the mood board with all of the beautiful colors and textures.    I chose to create a beach themed layout using the Seaside Cottage collection.  I was inspired by the colors, the shells, the sun and the textures of the sand and water.

I used the Whitewash paper from the Seaside Cottage collection for my background and added some subtle inking with peach ink to pick up the colors in the sunset.  Lots of layering under my photo with  the Voyage, Mermaid (side B), Glory and Calling Cards papers.

I embossed the Blooming Flourish chipboard with a mixture of Mushroom and Sea Mist embossing powders.  Tucked beneath the flowers I used The Crackle Bits chipboard which I embossed with Snow  and In The Navy embossing powders and added some Blue Ice Glitter.  I used flowers from the Attic Charm Daisies and Tranquil Roses.

Here you can see an additional flower from the Seaside Lilies and some shells along with some micro beads on the Crackle Bits chipboard.

I love mixing colors of the Imagine Ink Embossing Powders.  On my title, I used a mixture of Mushroom, Sea Mist and Petal.

I hope you will join us this month and enter our Mood Board Challenge.
You can find all of the details here.

I'll be back in a few days to share another layout with you.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!