Monday, August 8, 2016

Summer Vacation, Featuring Seaside Cottage by Blue Fern Studios

Hi everyone!  Hope you all enjoyed the weekend!  I know I did.  The weather was perfect, family and friends close at hand and lots accomplished. Hard to believe it's August.  Where has summer gone?  I'm up on the Blue Fern Studios blog today sharing my latest creations with the new collection, Seaside Cottage.  A perfect collection to capture those summer memories!

I enjoyed working on this layout and especially creating with the Seaside Cottage chipboard pieces and mixing various colors of the Imagine Ink Embossing Powders.  I created this layout for a good friend of mine.  Isn't that a fabulous picture!!!  I used the Gala paper for my background.  I added stars with a stencil which I sprinkled with some Mushroom and 14 Karat Embossing Powders and a few paint splatters. Lots of layering under the photo with Calling Cards and Splendor papers.

Love the Seaside Mermaid.  I embossed the body with Oatmeal Embossing Powder and added some chunky glass glitter and Caribbean Imagine Ink Glitter to the tail.

Look at these gorgeous new flowers from the Seaside Lilies and Seaside Roses collections.  I applied some Imagine Ink Blue Ice Glitter to the large blue rose.  Beneath the flowers I used the Seaside Flourish Chipboard.  Lots of embossing.  Grassy Knoll and Verdant Embossing Powders were mixed to create the vibrant green.  A mixture of  In The Navy, Seven Seas and Breeze Embossing Powers for the blue flowers. Tucked away in the lilies I used the Natural Springs chipboard set, embossed with Grassy Knoll, Verdant and 14 Karat.  The anchor was embossed with a mixture of Mushroom and 14 Karat.

The title Summer Vacation was embossed with a mixture of Mushroom and 14 Karat Embossing Powders.

Blue Fern Studios Products:
Seaside Cottage Paper Collection:
Gala, Calling Cards, Splendor, Mermaid
Chipboard:
Seaside Floral, Seaside Mermaid, Natural Sprigs
Embossing Powders:
In The Navy, Breeze, Seven Seas, Grassy Knoll,
Verdant, Mushroom, Oatmeal, 14 Karat
Glitter:
Blue Ice, Caribbean
Flowers:
Seaside Lilies, Seaside Roses

I'll be back in a few days to share another layout!
Thanks for stopping by!
 . . . Debbie

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that photo and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow! That photo is stunning & I reckon she will be thrilled with this page. It totally showcases the picture....that chunky glitter works a treat, too:):)