Sunday, May 3, 2015

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #12 - May Flowers

It finally feels like Spring now that the warm weather has arrived.  A day here and there with some rain makes a perfect scenario for May flowers!    The new challenge at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge is  "May Flowers" challenge!  For the month of May, we ask that you create something with flowers. 

I created this canvas using Tim Holtz Stamps by Stampers Anonymous.  This canvas is a tribute to my Mom who passed away last December.  She was my go to person when I had questions about my flowers.  

We have a fabulous sponsor this month
We're SO excited to announce our awesome May sponsor and prize! The generous people at Stampers Anonymous are offering two prizes that each include a Dina Wakley Stamp set and Stencil set!!! 



Please stop by the blog here for some inspiration from our design team along with our special guest designer, Dina Wakley.
Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous!! LOVING the cherub and the flowers!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Awww Debbie -what a lovely tribute to your Mum.....I'm sure she'd fully approve & I bet she still is your guardian angel of the garden....love the way you've made the angel the focal point on your canvas. It's beautiful!!!

flowerdisco said...

Hi Debbie, it has been a long time since I stopped by. Hope all is good and know I love your art.
Take care.

Words and Pictures said...

What a glorious canvas - I love the rich jewel colours and fabulous textures in the background. The flowers and layers surrounding that little cherub are just perfect.
Alison x

experiments in paper said...

Love your piece!! The color combinations are fantastic - remind me of the iris blooms in my neighborhood I hope to see soon, as we have also had a very chilly spring! xx Lynn

Deb said...

What a beautiful canvas and a lovely tribute to your Mom Debbie, just lovely!