Saturday, December 13, 2014

Comfort & Joy

For those of you that follow my blog you know that my Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer a few years ago. Sadly she passed away on December 4th.  I miss her terribly and know that in time I will heal.  I take comfort in knowing that she is in a better place and at peace.   

 I have a couple of layouts to share that I created using 
C'est Magnifique's December kit, Comfort & Joy.  
I loved working with the vintage Riddersholm papers from their 
"Our Country Christmas" collection.
On my first layout I used elements from the main kit, the flower add on, and the mixed media add on kit.  You can find all of the details on the kits here in the C'est Magnifique store.
From my stash: stencil, stamp and ink.

My next layout was created using the December sketch.
 Love the picture of my Grandad.  He was a Royal Canadian Mountie.
There is still plenty of time to enter our sketch challenge.  


You can find all of the details here.

Happy Holidays! 
. . . Debbie

4 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, dear Debbie, I was heartbroken when i read that you had an angel watching over you for I knew what it meant. It's so hard to loose a mom. Hugs and prayers. Your pages are gorgeous but I'm sure I'm sure you don't care too much about that right now. Xxoo

Lizzy Hill said...

Aaaah! I wondered if it was your Mum....it has been a long battle for you both, really. May she rest in peace....I hope you do OK over Christmas. It's always so hard, when our loved ones are not with us. Meanwhile, as always, you do WONDERFUL work - I especially love the one of your Grandfather.....those flicks of red are just gorgeous:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry about your mom!! Hugs and prayers to you!!

I love love love your pages!! They are just gorgeous!!!!!

Kraftychick said...

So sorry for your loss - my mother had Alzheimer's also and it is such a sad disease - your mother is at peace!

TFS these beautiful cards,

Jackie