Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Blossoms

Good morning!  
I'm excited to share that I will be staying on for another term at Purple Pumpkin as their sketch designer.  Here is my layout for the April sketch challenge.
I live about an hour from Washington DC, known for its Cherry Blossom trees in the Spring.  This year the weather has been cold and the blossoms have not opened yet.  Thousands of people visit this time of year to see the spectacular site along the Tidal Basin.  I have to admit that I have lived in Maryland my whole life and have never been downtown to see the trees.  The picture in my layout was taken years ago by my daughter.

I got a little creative with my background and did some misting, inking and stamping.  To create the sky effect I combined some blue acrylic paint with water in a spray bottle.  Just as effective as mists, but a lot cheaper!

Love this cute cloud fabric button from Purple Pumpkin
I inked it a little to blend in with my blue background.

I added some sead beads to my flowers and added a touch of yellow paint.

My cluster includes a pink doily and fabric flower button from Purple Pumpkin.

I hope you will join us for the April Sketch Challenge.  Here is the sketch I created:
Check out all of the details and prizes here.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  
It's been chilly here, but today temps are suppose to reach the 60's and tomorrow the 70's!

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

10 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Wow this is gorgeous Debbie. I love how all of the colors coordinate so well together.

Unknown said...

This is soooo pretty :0) Love the sketch...will either be playing along or saving it for a rainy day depending on time! Gorgeous background ;0)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is soooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love love that photo and the colors!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is gorgeous Debbie! Love that pretty Cherry Blossom photo and mixing the Blue and Pink together on your page, is a perfect complement to the photo! LOVE, LOVE that adorable cloud button!

Snazzykaz said...

Fabulous, Love the colour scheme :) Love this it is so pretty!

Denise Price said...

Oh wow, I can't tell you how much I love this! I know I only started following your blog recently, but this is my favorite of your layouts so far. Just beautiful!

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, this is just stunning!!! All those beautiful colors...! Amazing, amazing job!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful page, Debbie, the colors are SO pretty!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Such a fabulous sketch! Great colors and so divine with the threads mixed in!

Unknown said...

Debbie this is just gorgeous. Love it!