Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Capture The Good Times

I'm really enjoying adding some mixed media to my layouts.  Still taking baby steps though.  Love the texture it adds to the layout.  I create this layout using the October sketch at Once Upon A Sketch and Bellaidea's Butterfly Challenge at Inkido.  Lately I've been creating layouts for my friend Julina.  I think her first album is just about full and I know that there will be more to follow.  I love looking through her pictures on Facebook and  found one of her youngest, Zoey and fell in love with it.

Here is the sketch:
 and their theme is the following quote which you can interpret any way you like
I drew from the words capture the good times.

Some masking using modeling past and a touch of  pink ink:


The required journaling.  
Mine is hidden as it is a personal message from Julina to her daughter.  
You can see a little bit of it here:

And a beautiful cluster of flowers that I had in my stash by Recollections and a little pebble by Prima.  Loved how well they coordinated with the Bo Bunny Country Garden papers!

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

Supplies used:
Bo Bunny Country Garden Collection
Masking Templates:  Studio Calico, The Crafters Workshop
Prima Pebble
Recollection Flowers and Pearls
Vintage Fancy Flowers - A Million Memories
TCP Studio Classic Border Stamps
Fiskars Paper Edger Scissors - Victorian
Die-namics Vintage Flourish Die
Martha Stewart Floral Crochet Deep Edge Punch
K & Company Frame
Doilies
Paint, Ink and Modeling Paste

15 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty Debbie!

Tammy E. said...

Super sweet, and very soft and elegant. So pretty. And can't wait to see your work on the new design team. Congrats.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Debbie!! I love love love love that photo, the layers, and loveeeeeee those flowers!!!!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Oh Debbie your steps into mixed media are stunning! An amazing LO and how lucky for your friend! It is always so exciting to scrap for others. Such a lovely gift!

yyam said...

*Swoon*
This is gorgeous Debbie! I just love the soft layers and the little bits of texture with the modeling paste. She's adorable too!

Lynne said...

Stunning LO!! Love the color combo, the layering and masking!! Your friend must be in heaven with all of these gorgeous layouts!! I would be!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is stunning Debbie!!! Love the gorgeous layering and the butterflies give such beautiful dimension to your page!

Dorthe said...

Wauw!! What a gorgeous page!
Thanks for joining us at the Inkido challenge - and good luck.

Hugs Dorthe

Bellaidea said...

Thank you so much for a beautiful page for our challenge at Inkido!
I admire it so much!

Evgenia Petzer said...

Hi Debbie! this is so sos gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with us at Inkido!

Unknown said...

stunning layout !

Anuta said...

Lovely creation! For the little princess!

Unknown said...

Debbie, I always look forward to your creations for the OUAS challenges- and I've always admired the flawless designs of your work. The layers, colors, everything just come together perfectly- beautifully done as always!

xErin

EFI said...

Absolutely adorable page with great techniques and lovely photo! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

Vicky Alberto said...

beautiful - - thanks so much for playing along at OUAS!