Wednesday, May 30, 2012

You're Cute As A Button

I'm on a roll . . . . another layout done!!!  For me this is an accomplishment.  My life is hectic and I feel as though I've been pulled in a 1000 directions.  My mom's original diagnosis of dementia has now been labeled Alzheimers and she continues to deteriorate rapidly.  What was mild a month ago is now moderate and I fear what lies ahead.  I've come to terms that my mom as she was last August when first diagnosed is gone, and both my sister and I adjusted to her weekly changes.  We never thought that there would be as many changes with her as we have had.  All has happened too quickly.  I take it one day at a time, and struggle with adding some "positive" moments in my day to day life.  My scrapbooking took a big hit and I was thrilled that I actually enjoyed working on another layout.  I used my May kit from Artful Delight to create this layout of my son at the age of one year old.  
Isn't he just the cutest thing ever?!?!?!?  Hard to believe that in two weeks he will turn 25.  I really enjoyed working with the girly papers in the kit to create a "boy" layout.
I added some Rub-on stitching by DCWV that I had in my stash and a 
heart tag from The Paper Bakery Kit Club.
I hope that my momentum stays with me and that I'll be able to get something else created.
Thanks for stopping by!
. . .Debbie

Supplies used:
Artful Delight May Kit
Die Cuts With A View Rub-on Stitching Stitches
Martha Stewart Button Punch

12 comments:

yyam said...

Sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing too well. Hugs to you.

Such a lovely layout of your little boy. Been loving what you've done with the May kit. :)

Unknown said...

Chin up my lovely ((x))

Another stunner Debbie!! The colours are fabulous and as always your clustering is breathtaking :0)

Andrea said...

wow, excellent page!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love your lo!! ADORABLE photos and loveeeeeeee the colors and all the fussy cutting!!! Gorgeous!! And sorry to hear about your Mom...that has got to be so hard on you and your Sister... {{{hugs}}}

Ashley Horton said...

Debbie, you are doing amazing things with this EP line!! I really, really think this page is fabulous!! Such a great way to highlight that adorable photo and I love the little zig zag stitch you added. So sorry to hear about your mom. My grandfather experienced the same thing right before he passed and it is a very difficult thing to watch. I will keep your family in my prayers!!

Ginger said...

Great layout! Great job!

Angi Barrs said...

Super fabulous. Praying for you and your mom. Hugs!!!

Pat said...

This is so cute!!Love the layering of embellies!!

Kelly Massman said...

well, this is a darling layout! best wishes and virtual hugs,

curlyqmosaics said...

My heart goes out to you and your family during such a sad time.

Your layout is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors and the sweet photo of your son. Thank you for sharing. :)

Snazzykaz said...

They grow up too quickly don't they. He was definatly cute as a button. Sad to hear about your mum:(

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous layout, love that you used a B&W photo. And how precious to appreciate your "little" guy. Sorry to hear about your mom.