Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Merry Widow

I really love how this layout turned out.  The colors in the papers along with a beautiful picture makes for a perfect layout!  Add in a wonderful sketch by Creative Scrappers, #169 and a Thread Challenge by The Paper Variety, a Try It Thursday fussy cutting challenge at Sweet Peach Crop Shop, Mel's Layering Challenge at Do More With Less and a gorgeous August kit by Artful Delight!  What more could a girl ask for????

Have you ever been to Cape May, NJ?  
It's beautiful there!  
The small town is packed with little shops and the most beautiful Victorian homes.  The one in my layout is The Merry Widow, formerly the J. Henry Edmonds House, circa 1879. 
I used some Authentique Paper, their Journey Collection!  Did I say I love this paper?  Just gorgeous!
Love this flower!!!  Click on the picture to see all of the details.
I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Sizzix die.  
I stamped the flower pieces with a Prima stamp,  and added a Tim Holtz button.  Behind the flower is some fussy cut work I did.
Here I used Fiskars Lace border punch, a scalloped strip of a vintage dictionary page, some ribbon and another Tim Holtz button and Journaling Ticket.  All of these goodies you can find in Artful Delights August kit.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

Supplies used:  Authentique Journey Collection, Coredinations Cardstock, October Afternoon Mini Market Alphabet Stickers, Fiskars Lace Border Punch, ColorBox Harbor and Charcoal Ink, Kraft Outlet Vintage Dictionary Page, Reasonable Ribbon Black Seam Binding, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Sizzix die, Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Classic buttons and Journaling Tickets, Prima Stamp

13 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Oh, this is so very gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Keri said...

Debbie, this is LOVELY! I must say, the blue of the Authentique Journey collection is perfect with that gorgeous historical home photo, what a match! Love your fussy cutting here, especially layered with the beautiful Tim die.

Patrice said...

Beautiful layout - I'll have to visit Cape May!

Audrey Frelx said...

Beautiful layout, Debbie!!! Love the color and absolutely love the flower!!!

Never been to Cape Cod but I've heard how beautiful it is there!

Jocelyn said...

OH Deb,,,, this is beautiful!!! I adore the colors!!!

I have been to Cape May and it is one of my favorite places!!!! So many beautiful things to see!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

Unknown said...

Wow gorgeous layout and gorgeous colors too!!!!! Great job!!!!

Lea said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout! Love this paper line and that flower you made is stunning!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Hi Debbie. I saw this over at Arful Delight and had to stop by for another look. It's a gorgeous page. Love all of the pretty details. :)

yyam said...

This is just gorgeous Debbie! I love the color combo and the beautiful layering! Awesome work! :)

Thanks for playing along with my guest Mel's layered challenge! :)

Andrea Amu said...

Just wonderful, debbie! I love the blue tones throughout and what a gorgeous Victorian! If I ever won the lottery, my dream would be to renovate an old Victorian! I love them! :D

Pat said...

Debbie gorgeous LO!! I just got back from Cape May, the houses are beautiful!!

Hannah said...

Beautiful Lo Debbie, love all of the blues and that flower is gorgeous :) Great photos, love all of the different patterned papers too :) Thanks for playing along at TPV :)

angie gutshall said...

This is a beautiful layout!! The the fussy cutting!