Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Magical Winter

Happy Weekend!  It sure is a hot one here.  Made it into the high nineties today.  I played it safe and stayed inside all day.  I just finished up this layout of my mom and her brothers capturing a little bit of their childhood when they lived in Fort Chipewyan, Canada.  Lots and lots and lots of snow!  If you click on the picture you will get a larger view.

Lately I have been following the sketches over at Sketchy Thursdays.  This week's sketch sort of threw me off with the numerous horizontal strips.

Instead of adhering strips of paper, I had two pieces of snowflake paper by Webster's Pages.  I cut out each individual row of snowflakes, inked them and added pop up dots. I also sparingly used some Blue Skies Glimmer Mist on my base paper.

I did a lot of cut work on these beautiful papers from Webster's Pages Winter's Wings Collection.


I added some Baby Blue Stickles to the word magical that was printed on the paper.
I had in my stash a bunch of beautiful doilies that I had recently purchased, and used one as a central backing for my photos.


I  so adore this picture of my mom and her little brother.  This picture was taken in 1939 when my mom was 6 years old.  Her younger brother, Bryce was only two.
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wow my friend,what a stunning LO.Amazing work also!!!

Kim Fifield said...

Wow Gorgeous layout! All that handcutting is phenomonal!

Fern said...

WOW Debbie, this is gorgeous!!! You did a fantastic with the fancy cutting and I love the added stickles!!! I can't get over all of those layers!! Gorgeous!!!
I don't blame you for staying indoors today... To darn hot to do anything outside!!! Stay cool!! Hugs!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Lovely design Debbie .. what a great day to be thinking of snow, right? I adore these photos of your mom and her brother .. all that snow, wow! Any who .. fantastic job with all the layering and fussy cuts .. gorgeous doily. Love it all!

Susan said...

Gorgeous!! Love the winter feeling when its hot as heck outside!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG Debbie.....this is brilliant! I love all your layering with the snowflakes....these photos of your mom and her siblings are fantastic! It is so wonderful that you have them!
you did a fabby job with this one, as you always do!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Barb Craft said...

Oh My word this is stunning!!! There you go again with that fabulous layering technique of yours!! You have such an eye for all the right details!! This LO needs to be framed!!
Barb :)

Nanne said...

You had me "Happy Weekend!"..Wow lady..This is so super stunning and even those words don't give it enough credit.. Wow wow wow!! I couldn't keep my eyes off of the detail.. I was like "How on earth?"..LOL You never cease to amaze me..just one more "WOW" before I add my siggy.. You put your weekend to good use.. :)
Hugs
Nanné

Jocelyn said...

Oh do we need a winter page right now!!! I remember complaining about the snow...but I sure would take some of that right now!!!

Love the layering....just PERFECT!!!

Pat said...

Stunning!!! Your work blows me away!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable layout and just what we need to cool off! Love all the layers and the wonderful photos. TFS.

Diana Fisher said...

Stunning work, just gorgeous!!!!

lisa said...

Beautiful LO. xx

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Debbie!! love the design and these fabulous photos!!

Darien said...

OH Debbie!!! this has to be one of my favorite los of yours!!!! WOW!! Looks Amazing!!! Dont you love WP? Great design!! And what a great way to showcase so many photos at the same time!!! STUNNING!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Debbie! This is a neat example of just using a sketch as an inspiration, even if it ends up looking different. Gives you somewhere to start, I guess.
Really neat and this has so many layers and goodies to look at, and the photos! wow the photos are just incredible!!!
So glad to have seen this!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos and loving the trees!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)