Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!

Well, it's Friday and time for another new challenge over at Frosted Designs!  This week's challenge is Spring flowers.  As most of you know I have a passion for gardening.  Springtime is all about the daffodils, tulips and crocus.  I had recently bought the Die Cuts With A View Flower Shower Spring Stack and card stock pack.  I flipped through it and found this beautiful paper.

 I cut out the clouds and all of the flowers from the second piece of paper in the stack and added some pop up dots.  The birds and birdhouses were cut from paper from the pack.  I used some glitter yellow paper  from the cardstock pack and cut out the sun with a Sizzix die.  The tree was cut from the Cricut Serenade cartridge, using paper by Cosmo Cricket.  I added some lime green stickles to all the leaves on the tree.  I apologize for the crinkle in the middle of the layout.  I had set the paper down on the floor to take a picture of it and my dog ran across it!

10 comments:

Denise said...

Oh how darling!! I love that tree! Every detail is amazing Debbie!

Sherri said...

Such a happy and fun layout......love it!!

Sandy said...

Oh Debbie...your latest two layouts are just gorgeous...love them both...so bright and cheerful and full of creative magic...please send some sping my way...we had two days with 60 degree weather for spring break...today one of them...the rest have been cold and dreary...tomorrow the are calling for another 4-8 inches of snow...what's up with that?????? Great work my friend!

Unknown said...

Debbie, this layout is fabulous! I love what you did with cutting the elements out and pop dotting them down. The giller is yummy too! I love gardening and your layout makes me wish May were here! Simply gorgeous!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is such a great design! Love your tree!

Barb Craft said...

Debbie... this LO has it all!! A nice spring theme, lots of dimension, and an amazing amount of details! LOVE everything about this one! It looks like spring is just going to jump right off the page and surround us all!! which I would really like since my forecast looks like Sandy's... a few 60 degree days and now the possibility of snow... go figure!!
Barb :)

Anonymous said...

there is almost nothing better then the smell of spring...ok well maybe the smell of the spring DCVW stack! LOL!
Debbie, I really love this project. What a fabulous way to use the prints from this stack! I am sooo excited to get going with it!
LOVE the tree! Love everything!!!

Anonymous said...

This is way too cute Debbie!! I love spring time and I can feel it watching this beautiful proyect!!
Thank you so very much Debbie for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment and also for being a follower!! I really appreciate it!! Thank you!! Have a great weekend!!
Lidia

Scrappin Kaz... said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I just love the spring colours!! The birds, tree, flowers and sun and sky look fabulous! Wonderful work!!

MinaAriel said...

gorgeous!!! You make me want paper so bad!!!!!