Friday, March 12, 2010

Fall Fun

A big hello to everyone and happy Friday!!! I am so glad that the weekend is almost here.  I have been extremely busy at work this week and can't wait for Saturday!  I have a ton of stuff to take care of around the house, and more important, I have a few layouts ready to be worked on.  Now what should I do?  Housework or layouts?  We all know the answer to this question --- LAYOUTS!

Here is my DT project for Frosted Designs.  This week's challenge is to use background stamping.  Now I will admit that I have a drawer full of stamps, most of which, infact all, that I never use.  I have tons of ink pads also.  Those I do use for inking my layouts.  I thought to myself, okay Debbie,  pick out a stamp and stamp the background.  Well it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  First of all, most of the stamps that I put on the acrylic block were crooked.  Second, I did not apply enough pressure when stamping.  So after four tries, I settled for the fifth, which I did have to touch up.  I give a big KUDOS to all of you out there that use stamps!  I found a pack of stamps all related to Autumn, and  I had these adorable pictures of my kids back from 1992 playing in the leaves.
I love, love the paper I used on this layout.  It is by Bella Blvd. and is from the Honey I'm Home collection.
I used my Cricut George cartridge to cut out the photo frame.  The title was cut using Quickutz Studio mini alphabet.  The cute little tree is chipboard by Pink Paislee, and the felt flowers and leaves are Jillibean Soup.
I also used my Fiskars scallop border punch. The little houses and trees at the top were cut out from Die Cuts With A View Green Stack.

5 comments:

Emily S said...

I just thought you should know that this is GORGEOUS!

Denise said...

This is adorable! I love Fall..my fav season. The tree with the buttons is so fab and I love the stamping. Great job Debbie!

Barb Craft said...

Debbie... I found this a little challenging too! My stamps don't get used a whole lot unless I am adding a flourish here or there! Good to try something new! Yours turned out so beautiful!! And your papers are perfect for the fall theme... so pretty!!

Barb :)

Sandy said...

I adore the village...the stamping...the little button tree...and of course the creme de la creme...those wonderful pictures...this is another winner Debbie...you so rock the scrappy world!

Anonymous said...

honestly, what a great combo of things. the patch work paper, the cutting out of the other printed paper for the trees and houses, the tree and buttons, the titles and stamping.

I gotta say that I am pretty in love with this one! yes, Sandy is correct..you rock the scrappy world!