Thursday, November 26, 2009

Autumn Colors

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I enjoyed the special time that I spent today with my family and am grateful that we could be together.  The day however did not go as well as I had planned.  First of all, half way through cooking the turkey, somehow the oven got turned off.  I was in a panic, and turned the temperature up higher, hoping to speed up the cooking process.  Unfortunately it left the turkey a little dry.  I had baked a pumpkin pie earlier in the day, and I guess when I turned the oven off (I have a double oven), I accidently turned off the wrong oven.

Here is a layout that I have been working on the past few days.  It is another fall one.  I absolutely love the colors of fall, and am always amazed at the beauty in the leaves when they turn color.  I took this picture a few years ago at a park down the street from my house.   The paper I used is by Daisy D's.  I love this line of paper and was saddened when they went out of business. My goal lately has been to use up the old, before bringing in any more new.  I used lots of Prima flowers on this one.  Some I altered by adding decorative brads by Making Memories, others I inked and some of the flowers were cut from the patterned paper and then I added some pearls. The glitter frame is by Making Memories and I used the Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut out the backing behind the photo.  I also used a decorative corner punch  by EK Success.

TFL!



4 comments:

Nanne said...

Oh wow... I too love Autumn cause of all the colors.. This layout is just amazing and captures that time of the year just so perfectly..
Hugs
Nanné

Sandy said...

Thanx for the blog love and all the inspiration you provide for so many...your work is art and I enjoy it so much...so happy you started a blog so I can check on you often!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Debbie, This is just gorgeous the way you've used all the fall colored flowers. Your work is such an inspiration! Thanks for stopping by my blog .. I'm honored!

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

OMGosh!!!! This is SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!! Girl I just found you on Cricut. I don't get to do much and I certainly don't get on the computer much, if so it is to make a post and then I am off. I wanna see everyones creations I soooo need inspiration!!! I have had to change so much being on the Rusty Pickle Dt, and have deadlines. When i saw my blog on your list it brought a tear to me...thanks!! I really needed that...I feel like I have lost all my friends because I have no time in my life now. The boys are into everything and I also keep my granddaughter now (my oldest 22yo son) little girl. So glad I have found ya!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Everything!!! Btw I read about you...and my dh has been a licensed contractor and he had no work at all for over 9 mons. and we cleaned cottages to survive. We had no help, and had to change everything. He didn't have unemployment either since he worked for himself. He has some work right now. I had been working three days a week up till the cottage cleaning ended late Oct. Now I am home and have months of work to catch up on too! lol!! I have missed ya!! Have a great day!! Dawn