Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Mementos Of Lives Lived - Creative Embellishments

 Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today.  I have so many paper collections, that it is hard to keep track of them all.  Aren't we all guilty of that?  I came across a collection by Mintay Papers, Grandma's Attic and knew I had to create with it.  I don't recall my Grandmother having an attic, but I do remember all of her little treasures, some of which I have.


Love the color palette on the background paper! I also used Grandma's Attic Die Cuts and 6x8 Add On Paper Pack.  I used several pieces of chipboard from the Creative Embellishments Store, all of which were treated with paint. Lots of layering and some greenery and flowers from my stash.

I used the Chicken Wire Circle on the base of the layout.  Paint colors used are Folk Art Steel Gray, Folk Art Metallic Nickel, DecoArt Americana Terra Cotta and Folk Art Matte Wicker White.  The Floral Filigree chipboard was painted with Tim Holtz Uncharted Mariner Distress Paint and Folk Art Matte French Blue and stippled with Folk Art Matte Wicker White.  Beneath the layering I used
Security Door 3 painted with Folk Art Villa Green Paint and Folk Art Shale Green Terra Cotta Paint.  The edges of the door were inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink.


Sitting on top of the Chicken Wire Circle is Doily 2 painted with Folk Art Matte Vintage White Paint.
The 2 pieces from Flourish Set 27 were painted with Folk Art Matte Villa Green Paint, Folk Art Shale Green Terra Cotta Paint and stippled with Folk Art Matte Thicket Paint.  The large Antique Scissors
was painted with Folk Art Steel Grey Paint and Folk Art Metallic Nickel Paint.


Here's another view of the Doily 2.  The title is from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Clippings Sticker Book.


The mannequin is from the Sewing Machine Set.  I painted it with Folk Art Matte Country Twill paint and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Ink. 


Thanks for stopping by!

. . . Debbie


Creative Embellishments Products:

Chicken Wire Circle





No comments: