Tuesday, February 21, 2023

When Snow Falls - Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments Blog today.  We've had no record snowfall where I live this winter, just a few flurries, so I thought I would create a winter wonderland canvas.


Papers are Ciao Bella Cozy Moments.  Lots of layering using chipboard and wood veneer from the store.  All chipboard was treated with paint.  I started with a 5x7 natural canvas which I dabbed on some DecoArt Americana Warm White paint. 


I used several frames on the base of the canvas, Pine Needle Frame on the bottom and resting above 2 frames from Mini Berry Wreaths.   I painted the frames with Folk Art Real Brown paint and dabbed on some Folk Ark Snowbank Terra Cotta paint.  I placed a few trees from Small Trees, in the middle of the frame.  I painted the trees with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap paint and added some Folk Art Snowbank Terra Cotta paint. 


Loving all the layers of frames.


My favorite chipboard pieces on this project are the Cotton pieces.  I dabbed on some Folk Art Snowbank Terra Cotta paint. Tucked within the layers I used pieces from Fern Foliage 5


Tucked in a few places are chipboard snowflakes.


Pine Cones - Wood Veneer were painted with Folk Art Real Brown paint and dabbed with Folk Art Snowbank Terra Cotta paint. I added a few flowers from my stash along with some berry stems.

Thanks for stopping by!

. . . Debbie


 Creative Embellishment Products:


Pine Needle Frame



Mini Berry Wreaths






No comments: