Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Timeless - Creative Embellishments

 Hi everyone! I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with a vintage/steampunk layout.   Lots of chipboard from the store used on this one.  I really enjoyed the creating process.

Papers are from Blue Fern Studios Life's Vignettes paper collection and Craft O'Clock Lovely When You Smile collection.  Absolutely love the vintage papers from Blue Fern Studios.  Lots of fussy cutting and layering!  


I used a piece from Large Gear Frames at the base of the layout.  I applied a coat of dark brown paint.  Once dried, I dry brushed with some linen and gold paint.  Resting on top of the gear frame I used a piece from the Gear Flourish Corner, treated with the same paints, but added some purple and blue paint. Behind the girl image I used a piece from Distressed Clocks.


I wanted to add some blue to blend in with the flowers.  I used a piece from Frond Set 1 along with Flourish 17.  I inked both pieces blue and dry brushed using brown paint.  I added pieces from the Distressed Chicken Wire Border, painted with linen paint.


To the left of the girl I used a piece from Large Gear Set, painted with the same colors as the Gear Flourish Corner. Beneath the large gear I used Flourish 7, inked blue and dry brushed with brown paint.  I added some lace doilies and blue foliage from my stash  for the finishing touches.




Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

Creative Embellishments Products:

Gear Flourish Corner





No comments: