Monday, September 5, 2022

Side by Side - Creative Embellishments

 

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today sharing a vintage layout featuring lots of CE products. I've been in the process of what seems like a never ending task of reorganizing my scrapbook room.  I'm amazed at what I've purchase and forgotten that I had.  


I'm quite the fan of Craft O'Clock and have used several of their collections on my projects.  I came across some papers from their Hazy Street collection and created this vintage layout.  I've used several CE products on this layout, chipboard, stamps and a stencil. I used the Damask Stencil on the background paper along with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distressed Ink, along with 3 stamps from the store, Distressed Script StampDistressed Checkered Stamp and Distressed Circle Stamp and Tim Holtz Ground Espresso Distressed Oxide Ink.  Lots of layering with papers and chipboard.  I had a lot of fun with the treatment on the chipboard, using ink and paint.


The center of the layout features a vintage photo from  Finnabair's Vintage Photo Booth Sticker Book,  resting on top of  a piece from Damask.  I paint the chipboard piece with some Americana Sea Grass Paint and dabbed it with some Americana Bittersweet Chocolate paint. 


Beneath the photo I used a chipboard piece from Wavy Film Strips, inked with Ground Espresso Ink and dry brushed with Folk Art Cinnamon paint. I added pieces from  Lace Border 5 beneath the film strip and resting on top of the film strip is a piece from Distressed Checker Pieces.  Both pieces were inked with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink, dabbed with Cinnamon paint and dry brushed with Sea Grass paint.


Here's s view of the right side where I've included a piece from Distressed Clocks, inked with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink and dry brushed with cinnamon paint.


At the base of the layout is a large piece from Distressed Clocks.  Resting on top of the clock piece I used pieces from Wild Flourishes and Moth Set.  I inked the pieces with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink and dry brushed them with Sea Grass paint.


Tucked beneath the layering is a piece from Filigree Corner Set 1, inked with Ground Espresso Distressed Oxide Ink and dry brushed with Sea Grass paint.


The bottom features another piece from Filigree Corner Set 1.


Thanks for stopping by!

 . . .  Debbie


Creative Embellishments Products:

Wavy Film Strips





1 comment:

Lisa Landry said...

WOW Debbie!!! This is a gorgeous piece of art! I LOVE the colors that you used. I'm saving your blog post as inspiration in the future. I have a vintage family photo of a newlywed couple in their Sunday best attire that these colors would look outstanding with! I just need to find the right paper. I'm so in LOVE with your layout. Incredibly beautiful!