Saturday, June 1, 2019

The Traveller - Creative Embellishments June Challenge



Hi everyone!  It's June 1st and that means the new challenge is up over on the
Creative Embellishments blog. I created a masculine canvas.


I was inspired by the roller coaster tracks and the ferris wheels, and went with a travel theme. The twist to the June challenge is to add a banners or penants.  I added a couple of penants beneath the photo. To create the vintage worn look on the canvas, I applied some printed tissue paper and then applied some stenciling and stamping.


Beneath the layers I placed the Travel Corner, inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and dabbed with Copper wax, and the Nautical Compass, inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and dabbed with Fire Ruby wax.


To the right I used a piece from Circle Doodle Frames, mimicking the roller coaster tracks.


Here is another view of the Circle Doodle Frames along with a chipboard piece from the Steampunk Artist Trading Cards, mimicking the ferris wheel.

I hope you will play along!  You could win a $50 gift card to Creative Embellishments and purchase some fabulous chipboard, stamps, stencils or flairs.

Here is the challenge image:

Creative Embellishments products:

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie


1 comment: