Thursday, January 13, 2011

This Beauty Will Make Our Hearts Take Flight

Hi everyone!  Well, I survived the snow storm.  Mother Nature was kind and only left a few inches!
I recently was given some old photos from my dad's side of the family.  As I was looking through them I came across one of my grandmother, "Nana" at the age of 8 years old, taken back in 1913.
Isn't she beautiful!!! 
For Christmas I got the Scarlett collection by Glitz Designs and thought the aged look of the papers was perfect for the picture of my Nana.   I love the bright colors in the paper against the aged photo!
Today over at Sketches In Thyme we have a new sketch reveal, and it's a fabulous sketch from Sketchabilities:
I flipped the sketch:
One of the things I have decided to accomplish this year, is to break out of my comfort zone and try some new techniques. I saw a flower tutorial the other day at Scrap A Little and decided to give it a try. You can find the flower tutorial here
The yellow flowers are the ones I made:
I found the wooden buttons in my stash, and the butterfly is from K and Company.  Another technique I used on my layout is stamping.  I have a lot of stamps and will admit that I rarely use them.  The clock image is by The Girls' Paperie and the scroll work behind it is by Glitz Designs.  My Creative Scrapbook has a challenge this month to use stamps on your layouts.  After looking at all of the beautiful entries, I decided to give it a try.  
The flourish corner and images on the circles are stamped using images from The Girls' Paperie.
I also added some rub ons from the Die Cuts With A View Mariposa collection to my layout:
Please make sure you head on over to Sketches In Thyme to see what our DT has created.
Now, just one more thing . . . 
I was on Echo Park's Facebook page yesterday and came across this picture of one of their new CHA releases:
OMG I'm in love!!!!!  Can't wait until it's available!
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

What a beautiful layout you did for your grandmother, and what a wonderful picture of her -- she was definitely a little beauty!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! What an amazing photo!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!! I love love love love the flowers, the stitching the colors!!! Ohhhhhhhh and I don't know if you have seen it yet or not, but the background you use, the company that hosts that is leaving you a message on your blog....looks like they are changing servers and they need you to do something for it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Loveeeee this one Debbie!!! The colors work perfectly with that awesome pic!!! I adore your eye for detail!!

I want that Echo Park line...it is awesome!!!!

Fern said...

Debbie, this is beautiful!!! The papers are perfect with the photo and I love all of your vintage embellies... Great job using the stamps... I so need to start using mine as well!!! So glad you're not snowed in!!! Take care!!! Hugs!!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Debbie, another fabulous page! Love that bird cage, I bought a similar stamp recently. Love all your details and embellishment. Thanks for sharing!

Nanne said...

Beautiful layout Deb and you are so lucky to have gotten such a treasured photo.. I dont' stamp much either, but you sure have given me inspiration to do so :)
Hugs
Nanné

Angi Barrs said...

I'm so loving the design and the paper you used Debbie. Love that birdcage and the bird.

I want that Echo Park paper too. Can't wait.

Dawnll said...

This is such a beautiful layout starting with your Nana's picture to all the yummy papers and embellishments.
Just love it!

all the days of our life said...

Omgosh this is gorgeous, she is was Beautiful. and I'm loving that pps. Great embellishments also.

Pat said...

This is so pretty!

Julia said...

Oh my Debbie I just love this layout. How fabulous that you have this wonderful old photo. I so love to scrap old photos they are a glimpse into our past don't you think? I love the papers you've used they really compliment the photo. I am loving the new Echo Park papers too!

Barb Craft said...

Wow! Look at you go!! You rocked all these different techniques!! I adore the sweet little yellow flowers and your stamping is amazing!! You really do need to do more of that!! Love, love, love the layers!
barb :)

Cindy Gay said...

What a photo and a great layout. Love the colors and the stamped circles.

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, I have an award waiting for you on my blog!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Debbie, this is gorgeous. What an incredible treasure that photo is for sure. Loving those little yellow flowers so I will hop over to that tute. Love this sketch and hope to play along!

Lea said...

I love these colors and what a fantastic photo! The lace trim looks fabulous along with all those wonderful flowers!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Love how you flipped the sketch and your layout is a delight! I also am quite fond of the new echo park collection, a must-have for sure.