Monday, August 1, 2022

This Is The Sweet Life - Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today sharing a layout.  I love when everything comes together.  All it takes is the the right papers, embellishments and chipboard from the store.

 I love working with vintage photos.  This one is of my mom and her family, circa 1940, taking a boat trip. I used papers and rub-ons from 49 & Market Vintage Artistry Hike More and Vintage Artistry Naturalist along with simple Stories Bits and Pieces from their Simple Vintage Weathered Garden Collection. All chipboard pieces were treated with Folk Art paints, Raw Umber and Linen.

Love the finished look on the Nautical Corner.  I used raw umber paint on the base and once dry, I dabbed on some linen paint. Above the photo I used a piece from Nested Rectangles, painted with linen paint and dabbed with raw umber paint.


Here's a view of the bottom of the Nautical Corner. Below the photo I used a piece from Nested Rectangles, painted with linen paint and dabbed with raw umber paint.


I used a piece from Wavy Film Strips, painted the same as the Nautical Corner.  I cut the film strip in half and used it on both sides of the photo. I used a piece from Nested Rectangles on the photo.  I painted it with linen paint, and once dry I dabbed on some raw umber paint.


Here's another view of the Wavy Film Strips.

I hope I've inspired you to create.

Thanks for stopping by!

. . . Debbie


Creative Embellishments Products:

Nautical Corner










No comments: