Monday, July 15, 2019

Summer Inspired Tags - Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone!  I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today sharing a couple of summer inspired tags featuring lots of Creative Embellishment chipboard.   I love this time of year with sun filled days and my garden full of beautiful blooms.  I love to sit out on my front porch and watch the butterflies flutter from flower to flower.  

I started off with 2 small tags. I added some stamping to the backgrounds and edged the sides with some Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink.  I built up layers with smaller pieces of paper and added some ephemera, flowers and lace from my stash along with some art stones. Love the Tim Holtz acetate butterflies!

The first tag, titled Fly has several pieces of Creative Embellishments chipboard.  I used Filigree Corner Set 1  and Door Knockers under the flowers, and  Filigree Corner Set 2 at the top and bottom of the tag.  I also used pieces from  Flourish 11 on each side of the tag.  Below are some close ups of the tag.

Filigree Corner Set 1  and Door Knockers embossed with a mixture of oatmeal and light blue embossing powders. 

Pieces from Flourish 11 embossed pale yellow.

The Filigree Corner Set 2 was embossed with a mixture of oatmeal and light blue embossing powders. 


The second tag, titled Wings also has several pieces of Creative Embellishments chipboard.  I used the
Intricate Diamond Frame beneath the flowers, which I turned sideways.  At the top and bottom of the tag I used a piece from Door Knockers.  Tucked within the layers are pieces from Flourish 11, and above the title I placed Filigree Corner Set 2.  Below are some close up pictures.

The Intricate Diamond Frame was embossed with a mixture of oatmeal and auburn embossing powders.  Pieces from Flourish 11 embossed with a mixture of oatmeal, auburn and light blue embossing powders.

Door Knockers embossed with a mixture of oatmeal and auburn embossing powders.


Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

Creative Embellishments Products Used:

No comments: