Tuesday, December 10, 2013

JOY Canvas

When I first saw the December challenge at Scrap Around The World, I was so taken by the beautiful images in the mood board by design team member Zaneta Glowa aka Zanka  that I knew instantly that I had to make room in my busy schedule to participate this month. I was inspired by the colors, frames and touches of gold.  A perfect mix to create a 8 x 8 canvas which will be a Christmas present to someone special to me.


Here is the mood board/sketch:

I used a lot of mixed media on my canvas, including some masking, stamping, inking, mists and glitter.   I had a gold frame in my stash which I covered with some modeling past and then inked and added some touches of  textured modeling paste.  I used lots of bits and pieces from my stash and found the beautiful angel image online.

I really enjoyed working on this canvas and want to thank Zanka for hosting the challenge this month and inspiring me to be creative!

. . . Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie


15 comments:

Tusia Lech said...

What a gorgeous canvas!!! Wow! So delicate! Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo gorgeous Debbie!! I love love love the colors, the flowers and that angel!!!!!!

langeatheart said...

This is a stunning canvas! It picks up the theme of the mood board perfectly. Whoever is getting it one lucky person! Wishing you and yours all the best this holiday season! :)
http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

Elaine coustley said...

A beautiful canvas. So peaceful. Love the flower cluster.x

yyam said...

Oh wow. What a magical piece Debbie! It's so pretty!

Gayle Price said...

So, so pretty ! This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at SATW.

Angi Barrs said...

Wow! Such a beautiful work of art!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, sweet Debbie! What a gorgeous canvas! Someone is going to be VERY lucky indeed. You have certainly captured the tone of the mood board. So glad that you had a chance to play!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Absolutely magical and so beautiful! Love the soft tones! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

mariemily said...

My, this is gorgeous! I love the pastel colors! Thanks for participating in the Scrap Around the World challenge!

Bellaidea said...

Stunning work, thank you for joining SATW!

Zanka said...

I'm so happy you joined SATW challenge with your exquisite project! So well done!

Ella Swan said...

Such a stunning project Debbie!! Thanks for taking the time to join us at SATW in the silly season ♥

Eila Sandberg said...

Oh my Debbi! This is absolutely gobsmacking! Someone very special sure is one lucky duck! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share it with us at SATW! Happy New Year!

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Beautiful canvas !Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap Around the World!