Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Sweets

Where has the month gone?  I'm looking at my calendar and can't believe that is is already December 19th.  The days are going by too fast, next thing you know it will be Christmas.  I finished up a layout this morning, and enjoyed working on it. So many memories came to my mind most of which are of my mom.  As you all know my mom was diagnosed with alzheimers.  So much of her is gone and I cherish and hold close to my heart the memories I have of Christmas past.  A tradition in my family as long back I  can remember is the annual baking of rolled sugar cookies.  As a child my siblings and I decorated the cookies my mom rolled out.  The tradition continues with myself and my sister and our children.   As the holiday approaches I find myself in the kitchen making these delicious cookies and remembering the times I spent with my mom and how much fun we had.  Oh how I would give anything to have that moment again of making these cookies with my mom.  I dedicate my layout to my mom and all that made her so special.  I am entering this in a couple of challenges.  The first one is the Waiting For Santa Challenge at Indiko. The second challenge is Bird is the Word word challenge, "Holiday".

A few closeups:


I accented the My Minds Eye paper with some stickles:

Some jewels, modeling paste:

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

8 comments:

Andrea said...

very cool! I love all the words framing the photo!

Ashley Horton said...

Gorgeous layout, Debbie!! Love the MME and all of the beautiful embellishments you used on this one! And I love the story behind your page and the family tradition that you keep up, in memory of those days with your Mom!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos, the meaning behind it, the frames, the flowers...the bling!! AMAZING!!!!

yyam said...

Goodness. This looks amazing! I love the frames and all the fabulous textures. Love how the bling really conveys the festive feeling!

Lizzyc said...

Oh thank you for sharing your memories about your sweets and the time you spent with your Mum, this layout is beautiful, I love the frames around your photos and the sequins really add pop to your layout, and thanks for joining in at the challenge on BITW!! Merry Christmas!

LisiB said...

What a wonderful layout and what precious memories. Thanks for sharing!

Anne Pennington said...

Debbie - this is a GORGEOUS layout. Just wonderful!!!

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Gorgeous page, love it,thanks for joining in at BITW!!