Friday, April 15, 2011

Fave Things, Moxie Tuesday Trigger and The Scrappiest All Rolled Into One . . .

 Life so much easier when you can complete one layout for several challenges!
The new challenge at These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things is up today and we got to pick from all of the posted challenges from day one to choose from.  I chose my favorite flower, the rose.  Now most of you know that I love flowers and have several flower gardens in my yard, but I have never been able to grow a rose bush, but I do remember as a child loving the beautiful roses my mom grew.


Tuesday Trigger - Porch Play

I enjoyed using some of Crate Papers Emma's Shoppe papers and mixing them with some Cosmo Cricket Cira 1934 embellishments, My Minds Eye Stella and Rose embellishments  and some Webster's Pages bloomers.
It's sort of hard to see in the picture above, but I added some glossy accents to the roses to look like rain drops. When I was little I was fascinated at the little droplets of rain on my mom's roses.  After a rainfall I would always go out to her garden to look at them.  After that I was off puddle jumping!  Just loved those simple times!!
 I promise to play catch up this weekend with your blogs!  As I have said a few times, life right now is hectic and stressful for me and I haven't had much spare time to spend on the computer. My sister's recovery is slow and so is my job hunting.  I need a little sunshine and happiness sent my way!
 

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I sooooooooooooooo love love love this Debbie! I loveeeeeeeeeee all the Crate and loving that you used the 'raindrops on roses'....*sigh* I loveeeeeeeeeee that !:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

I am sending you sunshine and Happiness....enjoy Friday...because the weekend looks like a wash out!!!

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that LO....make me smile this morning!!!!

Hang in there sweet friend...we so need to get together!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Love it!

artfuldelight said...

Fabulous LO Debbie! Love all the details. I too love roses and have several attempting to grow in my yard. I am not what the official name is for them but I have a couple that are like vine rose bushes, I planted them last year and this year they are long enough to reach up my porch and on the lattice and wrap around it a bit. The leaves are just starting to sprout and I can't wait to see what happens with it this year. I will be sad when I have to move from my home next year and leave my rose bushes. :-(

I have been thinking about you lately, hope all is well. Sending happy thoughts (and sunshine) your way!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a wonderful page, Debbie! I, too, love roses and have a few scattered around. Have to be careful that they don't get that mold/fungus that is prevalent. Love all the goodies on your page. Hope things stabilize soon .. how great that you and your sister have each to lean on. Sending up some Texas size prayers for ya!

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Debbie!!! Wow, love-love your project!

Wanted to drop in and say "hi"!

Jennifer Shaw said...

So sweet! Way to go with mixing so many challenges! I love the mix of papers you have used here! Gorgeous! I tried growing rose bushes once too. No luck for me. I think some are heartier than others and you need to find the one that works in your area??? Lucky you having flower gardens in your backyard! I am so looking forward to planting my flower pots! Gotta get rid of the snow first. :(

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous layout. The colors are so beautiful. :)

Maria Elena said...

Great Lo, love all colors.
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Debbie! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Hey, my best wishes to you in your job search and tell your sis to get well soon! Please take care!!

Liz Chidester said...

This is just adorable!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest!