Thursday, February 10, 2011

Four Friends

I spent a good amount of today on the computer, searching and applying for jobs.  In between the job searching I visited some of my favorite blogs and came upon Jennifer's blog, Scrapping Daze.  She had posted a beautiful fall layout based on a sketch at Sketch Inspiration.  Now I'm always looking for sketches and loved their sketch #206.  As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I had the perfect picture to use!
Here is their sketch:
The picture dates back to 1940 and the young man on the left is my uncle.  I used up some of my Crate Paper stash and also My Minds Eye.
Here are a few closeups:
 K & Company dice hung with a little twine.


Here I did some faux pleating.  I cut 1 inch strips, distressed and inked them and every other one I added a pop up dot.
Oh, if I could only support myself with scrapbooking!  Job hunting is frustrating!  I've applied to so many and even though I love having all of this free time, I need a job!!!

18 comments:

Cassie said...

Gorgeous! I just love the paper!!!
=)

flowerdisco said...

debbie, the whole layout is beautiful as always. have you ever thought of teaching scrapbooking or selling your layouts? who knows if you can add some income doing what you love and are so good at it.
good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hello Debbie!! I love your interpretation of the sketch!! I love the old picture!! really awesome work!!
I hope you can find a good job very soon my friend , God bless you.
Hugs
Lidia

Cindy Gay said...

Now that faux pleating is very neat! Love the photo and what you did.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWW! This is AMAZING Debbie! I loveeeeeeeeeee all the vintage details!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

This amazing Debbie!!!! I love the vintage!!!

Have a great one sweet friend!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Debbie, this page is so so so unique, I completely am in awe of your composition, your color choices and embellies selection and placement, master piece!

all the days of our life said...

WOW!!!! I LOVE this. The pps are great I love the dice...the rest of the embellishment work so well together. just a beautiful LO.

Barb Craft said...

debbie... another fabulous LO! I LOVE the frames you used and am so glad you shared your secret for the faux pleating... it looks amazing! Wow! Sorry to hear the job search is not going well... wish I could help you out. I will say a prayer though... :)
Barb :)

artfuldelight said...

What an awesome LO!!! Love all the embellishments, they go fabulous with the picture!!! :-)

Lea said...

Wow!!! This is fabulous! Love that photo and all the vintage elements you've added. I especially love the little frame with 1940 it it. Very cool!!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Debbie, this is a fabulous page, all your details are great. The picture is just perfect for all your embellishments. Have a great weekend!

The Archiving Angel said...

This layout is absolutely marvelous! It has a 40's feel. The details are incredible.
I really have enjoyed browsing your blog.
You have such style!
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Crafty hugs,
Sonia

Stine Ursin said...

I am so going to miss you at SOUS! Your layouts are so amazing and this is no exception. Love all your details :)

Sandi McLean said...

Happy I followed up with you from Bella Creations! I am going to remember that "faux pleating" technique - what fun.

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, your layout is just beautiful!

I also wanted to thank you for your thoughtfulness and acknowledgment on the loss of my nephew.

Angi Barrs said...

Love the paper and all of the elements on this one. Gorgeous. :)

Fern said...

Debbie, this is beautiful!! You definitely have the touch when it comes to vintage layouts!! I love the dice, nice touch!! Will say a prayer for you on your job hunting... Hugs!!!