Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Valentines Day Card - Paper Craft Star and Paper Issues Challenges

I told myself this year I was going to try to join in on at least one if not two challenge blogs a month.  The other day I was on Angi's blog, Cokie Pop Paper  admiring her DT card she made for the challenge over at Paper Craft Star. Thanks for the inspiration Angi!  Their current challenge #30 is to scraplift a Paper Craft Star Creative Team Member.    As I was visiting each of the DT blogs, I came across a beautiful card that one of their DT members, Karen Duran of 
Paper Loves Glue  made and just knew that this was the one! 
Here is my card:
and
here is a picture of Karen's card:
I used up some papers and embellishments I had from Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage, a Prima flower that I took apart and placed under the scalloped circle and used some $1 stamps I bought at JoAnns Fabrics.  I thought it would be fun to make a Valentines Day card in  non traditional colors!
Here are a few close ups:

I am also entering this card over at Paper Issues Valentines Day Party challenge! 
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Cassie said...

We are so glad that you entered this at Paper Issue!!! This card is fabulous! I love the color combo!! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Tracy said...

Great infusion of color! You did a wonderful job lifting from Kim. :-) Thanks so much for joining is our challenge this week at Papercraft Star!

Kim Duran said...

Debbie, I am flattered that you chose to scraplift my card. You did an amazing job, including the scalloped border and the large red flower. Super pretty! I'm so glad you joined us this week at Papercraft Star!

Fern said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fern said...

I love how you used non-traditional colors on this beauty, Debbie!!! I also love that big flower and the way you layered over it!!! The butterfly is beautiful!!!! (I think you already have my address!!! jk! lol!!!!!) Have a great weekend, sweetie!!! Hugs!!!
(Pays to proof read before you hit "post" lol!!!)

Lea said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the colors and that dismantled flower looks fantastic!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love your card and the great colors and boldness of it. TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Debbie, your card is just beautiful!!!

Liz said...

Beautiful card and a great lift. Thanks for joining us today at Papercraft Star.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Lovely card, Debbie. Love the layering on the flower! Stay warm!

artfuldelight said...

WOW!!!! Your card is amazing! Simply amazing. Love the colors. :-)

flowerdisco said...

way cool...i love the colors you used. the red flower is awesome.

Cindy Gay said...

Very pretty cards Debbie!

Angi Barrs said...

Soooooo happy that you joined in on the challenge at Papercraft Star Debbie! :)

Your card is amazing. That flower is beautiful. Great take on Kim's card. :)

Barb Craft said...

Oh My Word Debbie! This card is stunning!! I LOVE these papers and they make such an elegant card! Love the creative way you used the primas on this one!
barb :)

Ilene said...

I just love your card!! Those colors came out perfectly with a love theme too, you really pulled it off!! Love the flower under the stamped image as well, very pretty effect!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Wow!! So very fabulous! Visiting from Paper Issues!