Sunday, August 8, 2021

Remember The Now - Creative Embellishments

Hi everyone! I'm up on the Creative Embellishments blog today with this canvas. I wasn't able to get it completed for the August Challenge reveal, but better late then never.    Love the neutral colors, tiles and succulents. I have succulents, hens and chickens in my garden and in strawberry pots on my deck. Very low maintenance.  All they need is some sunshine and a little rain. The ones in my strawberry pots I've had for over 30 years.  




I started off by stamping the background of the canvas.  I applied some Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Spray Stain.  From there I built up layers with lots of Creative Embellishments chipboard, Blue Fern Studios flowers, succulents from my stash along with some fussy cut items from Mintay's Flora Book 5.


On the left side of the canvas I used Arched Door Set 2 and a piece from Ceiling Medallions.  Both pieces were embossed with a mixture of colors, Ranger  Verdigris along with Blue Fern Studios Ebony and Garnett.


The Distressed Hexagon Pieces was embossed with the same mixture as the doors and medallion.  Love the Thistle chipboard piece.  I embossed it with a mixture of Ranger Tea Rose and Verdigris embossing powders. 


The title, from Tim Holtz Idea Ology Small Talk Stickers, rest atop a piece from Distressed Hexagon Pieces.  I added some Prima Art Stones and Pucker-Up and Stop Winning Mini Prills by US Art Quest.  

For more details and inspiration on the August Challenge check out the Creative Embellishments blog here.

Thanks for stopping by!
. . . Debbie

Creative Embellishments Products:


Arched Door Set 2


Ceiling Medallions











No comments: