Saturday, April 2, 2016

Blue Fern Studios April Sketch Challenge featuring Courtship Lane

Hi everyone!   Today I have a new layout to share created for the April sketch challenge at Blue Fern Studios featuring the new paper collection Courtship Lane, and the new Courtship Lane Bloom flowers. I chose to scrap a photo of my mom, sister, brother and I from way back when.  I used the Lovers Lane side B paper for my background and the Parkway paper to create layering under my picture.  Lots of stamping on my background using the Dreamy, Romantic Accents and Arcadia Textures stamps and paint splatters.

Here is the April sketch which I rotated to the left.



I used a mixture of the Sage, Honey and Garnet embossing powders on the Tangier Page Panel chipboard,  along with some Peridot, Merlot, Pyrite and Grape Glitter.

Here you can see some of the new Courtship Bloom Flowers in brown and tan.  For those  interested that cute little girl in the picture is me!

To the right of my photo I used the Lace Heart Border which I embossed with the Sage and Honey embossing powers.  I added some gold microbeads and Peridot glitter.

My title is from the Captured Words chipboard set.  I went a little crazy with the embossing using a mixture of Sage, Honey and Garnet embossing powers along with some Pyrite glitter.

Blue Fern Studios Supplies
Paper:  Courtship Lane
Lovers Lane, Parkway

Chipboard:
Lace Heart Border
Captured Words
Tangier Page Panel

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Sage, Honey & Garnet


Glitter:
Peridot, Merlot, Pyrite, Grape

Stamps:
Arcadia Textures
Dreamy
Romantic Accents

Flowers:
Courtship Blooms


 Now it is your turn!   We would love for you to use the April Sketch as inspiration for your project.   We will have a prize for one lucky winner (from a random draw), and will feature a few projects from YOU at the end of the month!

We ask that you follow these guidelines:


1.) Feel free to interpret the sketch as you please by means of taking it as-is or
flipping/turning/mirroring it to suit your needs, but please make sure your layout resembles the sketch.

2). Please note that you can do whatever type of project you please - a layout, card, 
  canvas, altered item- whatever suits your mood and style! 
We would love to see the different ways our sketch can be used.

3.) You must use at least one piece of Blue Fern Studios chipboard OR use Blue Fern Studios paper on your project. Please note that you do not need to use the pieces featured in the sketch
- use whatever suits your fancy! You can find the store nearest you HERE.
 {Do not use any other brand of chipboard on your project, please!}

4.) Upload your project using the Inlinkz tool below by midnight EST on April 30, 2016.

Thanks for stopping by!

. . . Debbie

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photo and the textures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Debbie! Gosh, you did such a beautiful job on this one! I love the combination of colors that you used for embossing .. so perfect. You know, I am embarrassed to say that I didn't realize that you had a brother. I only remember reading about your sister. Anyway, yes, you are the cute one!!!! Hope you have a great weekend!